Someone suggested me to find out what other NLP trainers in India are doing to decide how I want to market my trainings.
My Response - " That is the fastest way to kill your training business & kiss it goodbye !! "
Want to know why? Read on...
1) The training market, especially the NLP training market, is over saturated by too many people offering the same thing. Copying them or adapting on their strategies brings in no market differentiation.
2) Most of these so called NLP trainers here in India are extremely poor in their content knowledge & even worse in their delivery. In fact I know of a trainer who was shunted out by a group of practicing & experienced psychotherapists because he had no clue of what he was talking about in the context of therapy !! Why would I want to copy anything of such people?
3) Many so called NLP trainers in the past 4 years have started off their business with a big bang launch, massive social media posts, massive google & facebook ads & just a few months later, they are no where to be seen or heard. In fact if you do come across them, you would find that they have removed the NLP trainings from their portfolio altogether!!! Why would I want to copy strategies that are proving to fail time & again, consistently?
4) I have already created a huge market differentiation & established myself as a leader in the market, so much that other NLP trainers (even those more experienced than me) are copying & following my lead. Why would I want to copy those who copy me?
5) Several other trainers use cheap & unsuccessful promotional tactics like "Training from European Trainers". That is the stupidest marketing ploy. I, an Indian, have had participants come from various parts of the world to attend my training (people of 11 nationalities to be precise). Why would I want to copy a lame strategy when my own position is so much stronger?
6) Some of these so called trainers, including these "European Trainers" have approached me to partner with me & have me help them market their trainings. Need I say anything more?
7) What I do want to do & am interested in finding out - is what is it that the other trainers are NOT DOING !! So that I can go out & do that !! In today's age, this is the only way to create a differentiation !!
Author - Anil D Dagia, ICF Credentialed Coach (PCC), NLP Trainer member of ANLP, UK, Foremost NLP Trainer in Mumbai & Pune (India).blog comments powered by Disqus